Who can represent you

In accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations, CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) only recognizes paid representatives who are members of:

  • a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,
  • the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC),
  • the Chambre des notaires du Québec

No other representative may charge a fee in relation to an application or proceeding, be it inland or overseas, before the Minister or an officer, or before the Immigration Refugee Board.  Applications to CIC submitted by other representatives who charge a fee will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.

To be allowed to practice in the province of Québec, an Immigration Consultant must be registered with that Province.

Before hiring someone to handle your immigration, be certain they are legally accredited to represent you.

Sylvie Bertrand’s credentials